33rd Annual Christmas Stroll Dec 7th
Thursday Dec. 5th, 2013
On Saturday, December 7th from 4:30 to 7:30 PM join the Downtown Bozeman Association, our gracious presenting sponsors; Bridger Bowl, Lehrkind’s Coca Cola, Wells Fargo Bank and Alphagraphics proudly invite you to the 33rd Annual Christmas Stroll in Historic Downtown Bozeman.
Come kick-off the Holiday Season in Downtown Bozeman!! Join us for fun activities, great food, and fun. Bring the whole family to ride on the hay wagons, get your picture taken with Santa Claus, watch the lighting ceremony of the downtown decorations, check out the gingerbread house contest entries, sing Christmas carols, grab a bite to eat from one of over 40 non-profit food vendors or do some Christmas gift shopping. The Christmas Stroll is the place to find it all!
Below is a general schedule of Downtown Stroll events (also refer to the center-spread map in the “Official Christmas Stroll Tab” inserted into the Bozeman Daily Chronicle on Dec. 6):
• *4:00 PM – A ONE-WAY Hay Wagon Ride from the Bozeman Public Library to Rouse and Main Street.
• 4:00 to 7:30 PM Wells Fargo (211 West Main Street) is displaying the 2013 Gingerbread House Contest entries and winners.
• 4:30 PM Santa leaves the Emerson Center, meets the Hay Wagon at the intersection of Grand Avenue and Main Street, and leads the lighting ceremony down Main Street to Rouse Avenue
• 4:30 – 7:30 PM Main Street is filled with over 40 food vendors raising money for local non-profits organizations, live music and carolers and other festive activities.
• 4:30 -7:30 PM Downtown Businesses feature live music, free cocoa and cookies, and holiday fun of all sorts
• 4:30 – 7:30 PM Visit the Live Nativity, MSU Drive Team Horses and additional activities on the corner of Rouse and Main Street!
• 4:30 – 7:30 PM Visit Bridger Bowl located at South Bozeman Avenue to view ski films on a Big Inflatable Screen and to learn about what’s new and what’s planned for this year’s ski season!
• *5:00 – 7:30 PM Round-trip Hay Wagon rides at Soroptimist Park (corner of Main and Rouse) along with complimentary “Hot Dr. Pepper” drinks provided by Lehrkind’s Coca Cola.
• *5:00 – 7:30 PM Santa Pictures at the Baxter Hotel located at 105 West Main Street. Get one FREE picture through F-11 Photography.
• *5:00 – 7:00 PM Enjoy kid’s activities in the Baxter Ballroom while waiting for your picture with Santa
• *5:00 – 7:30PM Bozeman’s Symphonic Choir performs traditional Holiday Carols in the Baxter Ballroom.
*Denotes activities that require a 2013 Stroll Button for ONLY $4!
The Christmas Stroll is a free community event that is 100% supported by our business sponsors and the sales of our timeless button souvenirs. You can support this great event by purchasing a $4 Stroll button, which is not only your ticket to enjoy many of the great activities including the Santa pictures at the Baxter Hotel, the hay wagon rides form Soroptimist Park, kid’s activities throughout the day at the Emerson Cultural Center and more, it also allows us to put on this great event every year without requiring an entry fee to enjoy the event.
Buttons are NOW available for purchase at the following locations:
• Owenhouse Ace Hardware
• First Security Bank
• Chalet Sports
• Schnee’s Boots and Shoes
• The Emerson Cultural Center
• The Bozeman Public Library
• The Leaf & Bean
• Montana Gift Corral
• Bozeman Chamber of Commerce
• Country Bookshelf
• ERA Landmark/Downtown Visitor Center
• Heeb’s Grocery
• Community Food Coop Downtown
• Smith’s Supermarket
When you purchase your Stroll button, fill out a ballot for a chance to win one of 18 great prizes including Bridger Bowl passes and more. The winners will be contacted the week following the event!
The Hay Wagon rides are also a wonderful Christmas Stroll Tradition. An additional thanks to all of our 2013 Hay Wagon Sponsors; The Bozeman Public Library, Exec U Care Services, First Interstate Bank Sigma Nu Fraternity and Signs of Montana.
Finally, for a list of ALL 2013 Stroll activities and times check out the “Official” Christmas Stroll Booklet, printed by and inserted into the Bozeman Daily Chronicle on Friday, December 6 and available at www.dailychronicle.com, the Downtown Visitor Center at 8 East Main Street, First Security Bank and other downtown business locations.
For more information about the 2013 Christmas Stroll, contact The Downtown Bozeman Association at 586-4008 or visit www.downtownbozeman.org.