The Fundamentals of Successful Investing
Do you want to start investing or simply better understand the investments you already have in place? Are you worried your lack of knowledge about investing will cause you to make mistakes or miss opportunities?
The world of investing can be confusing and complicated, but it doesn't have to be. This course will give the new or inexperienced investor a fundamental knowledge of investments and the process of successfully investing in today's marketplace.
Once you master the fundamentals and become more familiar with the basic ideas and tools of investing, you will be able to invest with more confidence, take advantage of a variety of investment opportunities, and better reduce the risks to your investments.
At the completion of this course, you will have a good working understanding of the basic processes for constructing a portfolio based on a set of goals and a financial plan, the various methods used to select specific investments, and how to put your plan into practice.
- The most common types of investments available today, how each works, their advantages, disadvantages, and how each is used in a portfolio
- Simple methods that successful investors use for comparing and selecting investments before they buy
- The four biggest threats to your portfolio and what you can do to minimize these threats
- A friendly debate on whether or not it is really possible to "beat the market" (and how your answer dicates how you should invest).
- How to create your own financial plan and build a portfolio of investments suited to achieve your goals
Cost: $79 (includes 4 sessions)
This event is over.
Wed. Mar. 28, 2018 6:30-8:30pm
Wed. Apr. 4, 2018 6:30-8:30pm
Wed. Apr. 11, 2018 6:30-8:30pm
Wed. Apr. 18, 2018 6:30-8:30pm
More Events Like This
LocationGaines Hall Rm 110