Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Seeks Citizens' Advisory Committee Members
Thursday Jan. 4th, 2018
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is seeking applicants to fill four volunteer positions on the Region 3 Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC). FWP is interested in selecting members from a pool of candidates who represent a variety of interests and communities within the region. Preference may be given to candidates from underrepresented areas of the region. Terms will begin upon selection in February 2018.
The Citizens’ Advisory Committee helps FWP achieve its goals by sharing information, ideas, emerging trends and initiatives from the public in a setting that welcomes differing points of view. Citizen advisors serve in a voluntary capacity with meals and travel expenses provided. Meetings are generally held quarterly in Bozeman, but there may be travel to locations of interest. All meetings are open to the public.
Specifically, the functions of the CAC are to:
• Help promote Montana’s strong outdoor recreation traditions
• Provide a forum for ongoing two-way communication with our neighbors and communities in southwest Montana
• Help FWP personnel maintain and improve responsiveness to the public
• Help FWP identify emerging issues
• Provide advice and perspective on important resource and management issues
• Assist FWP with crafting local, sustainable solutions on regional and statewide issues
Applicants will be asked to provide an overview of their interests and involvement in natural resource issues. Finalists may be asked to interview by phone or in person.
To obtain an application, visit the FWP Region 3 office at 1400 S. 19th Ave., call 406-994-4042, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications must be returned to FWP by Jan. 26, 2018. Applicants will be notified by email (or mail if requested) by mid-February about the results of the selection process.